Hello from nowhere in particular

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from nowhere in particular

Post  bleak on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:01 am

I just found this sight after looking around for some info on protecting myself while walking my dog. I'm an old guy with a big dog. The neighborhood I live in is nice, but I'm a minority here. I've never had any major problems near my house, but I like to walk my dog for a few miles everyday. We have a route that we've been following and so far, I've had three incidences of baiting, getting called everything from a "nigger" to "white boy" (I'm white) in the same sentence, but last night, some punk came out onto the street after I walked by the house where he and his homies were gathered and told me I was on "the wrong street." I told him it's a free country (I lied) and I can walk wherever the F I want to and kept walking. I would like some advice about what to do should I encounter them again. My dog weighs 99 lbs but he is under two years and untrained. I wish I could count on him but I'm not sure what he would do if we were attacked. I'd like to think he would at least bark, LOL. His bark is pretty loud.

I'm real tired of trying to accommodate punks who think they own the public streets by being silent or avoiding certain streets. If i ran from every person who claimed I was trespassing on "their" turf, I would run out of places to walk. Isn't that a boundary worth having?

I carry two knives and a cell with video. I want to avoid any contact with the police at all costs. What is anyone's advice? Thanks.

bleak

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from nowhere in particular

Post  Socrates on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 am

Are you in the US, mate? One of the resident experts is called Nick Hughes and is based over there. You might want to drop him a PM with the link to this question...
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:21 am

Hi bleak and welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help and advice here.

Pete
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top