Loose some belly fat....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loose some belly fat....

Post  Jagunco on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:45 pm

OK so I'm back into capoeira big time now three times a week and I'm hitting the gym twice a weeks as well.

After a four yeah hiatus though my weight had increaced along with my fitness leves going down. I find I'm carrying a but more about my belly than I care fore and while this doesn't partucularly bother in of itself in a martial art where ones main evasion technique is to take all their weight on their hands constantly I'm not best pleased.

At the moment my gym routine is mainly a half hour run (in which I cover three miles give or take) which I find challenging and leaves me sweating. Then abs, lats, pull ups (I'm still not up to doing pull ups unaided so I'm on one of those funny machines) and some heavy weights at the end. Im watching which weights I do because of a niggling forearm injury that doesn't seem to want to leave.

Is there anything I should be considering for faster fat loss? Or should I just slog it out with that for a few weeks/months?
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loose some belly fat....

Post  David Turton on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:55 am

fat (not just 'weight) loss is mainly dietary not physical per se

check your diet mate and good luck

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 am

One thing which may give you a shock mate. Check out how many calories and how much fat is in those caramel coffee things you like, they are something like 30% fat.

And I know you like a large one What a Face
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 am

There's an old bodybuilding saying:

"Abs are made in the kitchen"
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 am

There's a great exercise called plate pushaways that works wonders for abs...
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:03 am

oh hohoho you jokers Razz plate pushaways very good :p

Ok so diet then. Well my main meals consist of either those oaty things you get from asda or a few bits of fruit. For lunch normally covent garden soup or an ASDA pasta plate and in the evenings probably a snack. Noodles, fried rice, scrambled egg, beans nothing flash.

I tend to steer clear of microwave meals and pot noodles and such.

If I fry stuff I use the flora stuff that lowers carbs. Drink mostly innocent fruit juce or water or coffee. You're lucky if I have two cans of coke a week on the outside. I might have one takeaway a week.

I used to drink about 12 to 15 cans or bottles of beer over any given weekened but I've knocked that down to about 8 now. I don't drin through the week

I'm nto really overweight (unless you're looking at the BMI, which I never do) I'm 6'2 and about 98K (15 stone 6 ish) its just that last time I was doing capoeira I was two stone lighter and much fitter.

So what changes would you suggest to the diet? Bare in mind I'm not that interested in the body beautyful I just want to be a bit quicker

Jagunco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 am

It sounds to me like you either need to learn how to cook or to move in with a girl who knows how to steam veggies and grill chicken breasts....
Socrates

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:28 am

Jagunco wrote:

Ok so diet then. Well my main meals consist of either those oaty things you get from asda or a few bits of fruit. For lunch normally covent garden soup or an ASDA pasta plate and in the evenings probably a snack. Noodles, fried rice, scrambled egg, beans nothing flash.

If I fry stuff I use the flora stuff that lowers carbs. Drink mostly innocent fruit juce or water or coffee.

Remove the above bits I have put a line through, bear in mind that coke has about 13 teaspoons of sugar per can and sling ya frying pan fella.

I hope the noodles are bolied by you and not the packet flavoured jobs?
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:37 am

No fruit juice??? No covent garden soup????? What madness is this!! Here's me thinking I was healthy
Jagunco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 am

Jagunco wrote:No fruit juice??? No covent garden soup????? What madness is this!! Here's me thinking I was healthy

Google "sugar makes you fat" and start from there. You will get this kind of article:

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/study-is-sugar-really-making-you-fat
Socrates

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  combatnige on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 am

Step away from the pie !!! lol!

combatnige

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:33 am

Fuck flora ,proper butter and whole milk, love love me some gold top,now this isn't an excuse to go hog wild with the quantity of these items but to include them in the diet fir hormone and satiety reasons, same with carbs,their nit evil just watch your quantities,ditch booze fir a while,pound water and green tea jib done
I used to count macadamia nuts all sort if weird shit,now I would rather just eat food that hasn't been tampered with and in decent amounts.
Buster

Number of posts : 798

View user profile http://www.crossfitclinic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Turton on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:50 am

in truth there is a massive difference between losing 'weight' and losing 'fat' and clubs like 'weight watchers' are not using the correct terminology

losing 'weight' is pretty straight forward.. its like a bank account
"less in and more out" equals a lower account

eating less and doing more will always lose weight.... clubs like weight watchers and their ilk make massive money off what is really a very simple equation

however maintaining muscle flesh and losing body fat is a totally different concept.. one which the bodybuilders have got down to a fine art

you have to make your body want to give up something it doesnt want to give up.. we store fat to survive times of famine.. so smaller regular meals 5 or 6 a day with predominately several protein sources.. remembering that there are lots of different amino acids, but only EIGHT essential ones..

white meat and fish along with carbs from sources like pasta and jacket spuds and plenty of veg (not too much fruit) and drinking mainly water (its amazing how many fat storing calories are in some of the stuff we drink) are the ways in which bodybuilders cut down on fat and maintain muscle tissue

also dont forget that if you have fat anywhere, you are actually fat everywhere, so you cant 'target' specific areas..its just that in men we keep most of it around the waist

good luck mate

David Turton

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.asmaa.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:25 am

Just to say my weight has dropped by over a stone (about 8KG or so) and I've maintained a respecable upper body strength so I think more than I stone of fat has come off while my muscle density has improved.

Five months ago I was gasping through a 5k run in half an hour and stopping a couple of times in the first week. Yesterday did 5K in about 25 minutes and though pushed didn't struggle.

There was an interesting bit where I had to pause the tredmill and jump off to save my glasses which had fallen off the shelf on the tredmill, adding perhaps 20 seconds to my time lol.

So yeah firmly on track
Jagunco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Good stuff...keep it up.

Nick
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119

View user profile http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Faustini on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:47 am

I've found the best thing for staying lean is being well nourished, which means I'm not constantly sneaking into the kitchen for cakes and pies and whatnot. For the first time in my life I barely think about food and can effortlessly fast for a day or so whereas in the past I was a 6-8 times a day grazer, constantly picking at food.

If I start eating breads, pastas, cereals etc then I start getting hungry frequently again, so I minimise those things and stick to good meats, fish, veg etc. A couple of wines and/or beers aren't having any negative effect with my weight either as I'm naturally keeping calories very low without even giving any thought to it all:D 

Faustini

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top