Sandbag Workout

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sandbag Workout

Post  Buster on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 am

Hi

I had this written down from this site, i dont know the creator of this workout but its a good un.

Press x10,
Bent row x15,
Squat x15 r,
Bench x15,
Curl x10,
Squat x15l.

Obviously there us a half tgu in there and the sandbag doesn't touch the floor until the final rep,no rest between circuits,goal is 3 times through in ten minutes,I managed two in 15 min with a 25kg bag,finished off with 5 minutes if marching in place holding the bag in various carrys cos I couldnt go for a walk.

Buster
Buster

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile http://www.crossfitclinic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sandbag Workout

Post  Jagunco on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:18 am

I'd like a video of that. Also where'd you get the sand bag? I got osne from B&Q and smothered it in gaffer tape, though I haven't had it out in ages you're sort of motivating me here
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:03 am

I've got a good basic program if you have a really heavy sandbag (50k or 75k). Bear-hug get-up (hands can't touch the floor). Power clean and push press (try singles - the hard part is setting up the press). Bear-hug front squats for reps. Bear-hug walk. Done.
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cartmelpete on Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Was thinking of making up my own sandbag, primarily for doing weighted pushups.

Has anyone any ideas about using a sandbag for these balanced on your shoulders pros and cons?

I've tried weighted backpack pushups which are good but thought the sandbag would come in useful for a bigger range of exercises such as step ups, carrying upstairs, front squats and all the other stuff already mentioned .

Thanks

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody on Wed May 22, 2013 1:37 am

Buster wrote:Hi

I had this written down from this site, i dont know the creator of this workout but its a good un.

Press x10,
Bent row x15,
Squat x15 r,
Bench x15,
Curl x10,
Squat x15l.

Obviously there us a half tgu in there and the sandbag doesn't touch the floor until the final rep,no rest between circuits,goal is 3 times through in ten minutes,I managed two in 15 min with a 25kg bag,finished off with 5 minutes if marching in place holding the bag in various carrys cos I couldnt go for a walk.

Buster

I'd lose the curls and replace them with something that works the hamstrings instead. The other exercises are all good.
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:25 am

I was doing an interesting exercise for fun the other day with a sandbag. I took mine to capoeira and then had everyone stand in a row (there were about 4 of us)

The exercise was simple Throw the sandbad to the next person and then run down the line and try to beat it to the end so you may in turn catch it. Worked well.

The sandbag was heavy but not unmanagble.. I would say 25k or so.
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sand bag workout

Post  Harshal Agarwal on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:25 am

The greatest benefit of the sandbag is the fact that it is awkward to lift. The load is constantly shifting, or at least requires effort to stabilise, and this produces an effect far removed from conventional weight training. The sandbag is not ergonomically designed to make it easier to lift – it makes you work hard for each repetition. The result is that you build strength and conditioning that can be applied in the real world. Scientists would call this ‘ecological validity’.

Harshal Agarwal

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top