Self-Protection Dot Com

A multi-faceted message board for people interested in full-spectrum self-protection.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrmuaythai

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2006-12-27

PostSubject: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:23 am

..and so I thought I would ask my mates on here.. Razz

I bought a guitar from a bloke in London, and had it sent to my house in Lancashire. Then I got a bill for "import tax"...? um..I didn't import anything...

It's a guitar that was originally made in USA, but is 20 years old and obviously used....so of course someone imported it at some time in it's life, but it wasn't me! Mad

Anyone ever heard of this?

I only ask here because I know for a fact there are clever people around... pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:32 am

Was it sent from London mate ? if you are sure it was and have proof then you shouldn't have any worries !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am

Look on the bright side. At least you're not dealing with Spanish customs! You have to send them a fax, but they never seem to check the fax machine...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2006-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Unless you have to pay tax to get something "oop north" from "darn sath",which i very much doubt,you should have nothing to pay Mr.M.

Who is the bill from exactly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmuaythai

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2006-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Ah...erm...hmm...it would appear I reacted a little too quickly..and ..there isn't actually an issue..

yes..do carry on ...sorry...

clown santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:17 am

mrmuaythai wrote:
Ah...erm...hmm...it would appear I reacted a little too quickly..and ..there isn't actually an issue..

yes..do carry on ...sorry...

clown santa

NO NO You were pre-emptive ! always good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)   Today at 4:14 am

Back to top Go down

Nothing To Do With Fighting..but I need advice :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1