Self-Protection Dot Com

A multi-faceted message board for people interested in full-spectrum self-protection.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Andy Holgate - Book recomendation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2199
Registration date : 2006-08-14

PostSubject: Andy Holgate - Book recomendation   Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 am

I have just finished a book by Andy Holgate called "Cant Swim Ride Run - From common man to Ironman".

2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, 26.2 mile run, that is the Ironman triathlon. Its not for the faint hearted.
What possesses an overweight, thirty-something, librarian who cant swim, doesnt own a bike and has two dodgy knees into taking on the hardest one day endurance race in the world? "Cant Swim Ride Run" is the story of Andy Holgate's inspiring and epic, life changing journey to become an Ironman.

Having been toying with the triathlons over the last year or two I picked this book up. Andy Holgate is or was a "normal bloke" before deciding to lose weight for his wedding. His journey is poignant, often hliarious and at times all to familiar. I read this book in one go as I couldnt put it down. It is probably the best motivational book I have ever read, even though it isnt designed as such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Andy Holgate - Book recomendation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1