the Fell fell runner :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the Fell fell runner :D

Post  Jagunco on Sat May 21, 2011 2:00 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386319/Laughing-street-attacker-collapsed-chased-woman-turned-champion-fell-runner.html

well this cheered me up no end.... I'm currently trying to find out if she's single Smile
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the Fell fell runner :D

Post  roadkill on Sat May 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Ha ha ... Good for her.
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

View user profile http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter on Sun May 22, 2011 1:01 am

A brilliant story and I am glad to read of the happy ending.

However, what was Mr Austin doing finding two men in his camper van and asking them to clean up the mess they made? It's not how most would react to finding thieving twats in your "home" is it?

Good for her though Cool
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave on Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

Good on her, but (you knew there was going to be a but didnt you) its a bit like the dog chasing the fire engine scenario. What do you do if you catch it. The offender was obviously a violent fella, having broke the other guys nose and 3 of his teeth, so I'm sure he wouldnt have had much trouble sorting out a 5'4 ins female fell runner. Good on her for catching him but I totally understand her parents concerns over her doing so.
I know an armed police officer here in the UK, who with his colleagues had carried out an ambush type tactic on a vehicle full of alledged armed robbers. One of the gang managed to make a run for it only to be chased down by this officer, once he caught the villain a fight ensued whereby he was getting the worst of it for about 10 or 20 seconds until one of his larger, bigger, handier colleagues caught up with them and the villain was successfully detained.
Just a little foood for thought. Very Happy

Last edited by Dave on Wed May 25, 2011 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Awful punctuation)
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura on Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 am

I do agree with Dave but we also moan about people not standing up for themselves, so this is where the conundrum lies.

I do think that she overrated her ability to catch him and contain him. If he had stoped after 400yards and hit her then it could have been a different outcome.

As it is, lets hope the law does its work (is there any hope?)

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

I know what you mean. he had just broken a man's nose, but I still thought it was nice to read Smile

I do actually know another woman who often tells me about her escapades breaking up fights at sorting out men in the chip shop she used to run. Ive put the fact she hasn't been hurt down to luck as well to be honest but she didn't appreciate me telling her that.
Jagunco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura on Fri May 27, 2011 1:40 am

You have to be happy at the result and that some people will stand up for themselves. You cannot rely on someone else aiding you.

She probably wouldn't appreciate that but then how many times have I heard "oh, I'd just kick them in the nuts......."

Ace Ventura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Fri May 27, 2011 10:52 am

I normally get a little speech about how she used to do judo and body-building and for some reason this makes her think she can take on multiple male opponents.

But yes still you have to be thankful wit the outcome and the fact she is wiling to step in and help. I just think she should be more careful. There are situations I would hesitate to step into, but would try to sort out with cunning or an equalizer, not just barging in and then banging on after how I sorted it out when all the odds pointed to me sharing a hospital ward with the person I was trying to help Smile
Jagunco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 am

Totally with you there buddy!

Ace Ventura

View user profile