Krav Maga

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Krav Maga

Post  Oldwolf on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:33 am

I used to use a similar set up years ago in Whitburn community centre, If memory serves it was 20p per session, as a none member, down in the dungeon like cellar there was a couple of machines and benches and next door a huge range of antiquated mwtal weights, some of them I reckon were made at the local steel work as homers. Still havenlt been there for twenty years and its probably long gone.

Oldwolf

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie b on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 am

Lol thats sorta like this place the dumbells are modern though. Pics of arnie on the wall. Im sure its the cellar/basement too.

Last edited by stevie b on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

stevie b

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2006-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:41 am

I found a local gym very similar. No tellies a bit of music I do my best to ignore (never liked the dance stuff) above a Co-Op... 2:50 on the way in. Rack of free weights, fair number of machines that are pehaps a bit past their best but serviceable, punch bag in the corner. Can't ask for more...
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie b on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 am

Aye i would think the guys that train in these places aint got time for the whole commercial gym experience. I thought these places were urban myths lol

stevie b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

This thread made me do a google search on community centers. There's one a few miles away with a weight room listed! I'm going to check it out tomorrow! Thanks for the idea.

jesse

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:43 am

stevie b wrote:I also discovered yesterday in the same community centre as the boxing a good old fashioned weights gym / room. ran by a commitee the caretaker says its only a tenner a year! Its only a small room with a bench squat rack loads of Dbs and plates punch bag etc def not fancy like a modern gym/sports centre. Gona nip in On Monday night and see the head of the commitee. Theres only 16 guys train there.
It does sound too good to be true. They could be all gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that nowadays but just in case.....)
Perry Gamsby

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-03-15

View user profile http://www.perrygamsby.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie b on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:12 am

Lol. I know of one of the guys who trains here my mate went out with his sister for years defo not gay! Saying that theres only one way in and out!

stevie b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top