Bulgarian Bag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bulgarian Bag

Post  stevie b on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi has anyone ever used one of these? They seem quite expensive to me.

stevie b

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2006-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bulgarian Bag

Post  Peter on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm

I hadn't seen one before you posted to be honest Stevie.

A quick Google and some Youtube videos have certainly got me intrigued. I would love to hear from someone who uses one.
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie b on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:14 pm

I quite fancy getting one. The only thing is to add more weight you need to buy a new larger bag!

stevie b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Never seen one before... interesting, but much of that... stairs, running eek!, push ups and the like can be done with a weighted backpack. I have one with 35 lbs of various small hand weights, wrist and ankle weights in it, that I've picked up second hand over the years, that I use for hiking/walking. The backpack I picked up for 1.00 at a yard sale.

Then I found this and it looks to be a viable alternative.

roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

View user profile http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 am

I like the idea, especially making your own and saving a motza. I made my own Russian dumb bells (forget the name of them right now) and saved a lot. This item is a handy piece of kit. I think the bloke in the video is in the military, perhaps the fighter jet going overhead and his good physical shape is the giveaway.

I used to carry weights in my pack but years ago I switched to water. Apart from being fairly accurate to gauge the weight (1 litre of water equals 1kg) it is also handy in case you need to hydrate. Sucking on a hand weight doesn't do much to relive heat stroke where I live. hahaha

Of course in the past five years since my weight ballooned and my heart blew I tend to just take the dog for long walks carrying 3litre s of water, or I swim laps every second day. I asle dif I coud swim in boots but they declined. Cheers Perry
Perry Gamsby

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-03-15

View user profile http://www.perrygamsby.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie b on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

I suppose they are just for conditioning anyway? Im sure on ROSS training he shows how to make them too. Do you think its a fancy version of a sandbag?

stevie b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:43 am

stevie b wrote:I suppose they are just for conditioning anyway? Im sure on ROSS training he shows how to make them too. Do you think its a fancy version of a sandbag?
No, its a Bulgarian Bag. That is exotic, cold war-ish and very Soviet Bloc hence the $200 price tag. If it were a sandbag then it would be just like the ones we have all trained with at some time and how could that A) have any secret power and B) be worth $200. Or am I being cynical here? Hehehe Perry
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie b on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 am

lol! Kept secret behind the iron curtain for decades!

stevie b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  samurai69 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 am

we have a home made B Bag at the gym, not the best made (by me) but it does the job, theres a company doing a cheapish B Bag on e bay, going to order 1 and see how it goes............also go a contact for manufacturing in pakistan that may be able to make these up at a good price, their Thai an focus pads are pretty sturdy
samurai69

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile http://www.newspartangym.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 pm

you ever seen these guys?

Nick
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 am

Nick asked: "you ever seen these guys?" No, but they look pretty armless.... Sorry. I apologize but I couldn't stop myself. You gotta admire his guts and his spirit. I nearly bought a Unicycle at ALDI today for just $49.99 (marked down for $79 - wonder why they didn't sell round my way... hmmm maybe the kids would think someone already stole the other wheel...) damn thing only rated to 120kg so that's my circus career down the toilet before it ever got started! Perry
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Bulgarian Bag Challenge

Post  Brad30 on Sat May 28, 2011 2:31 am

I use a fitness site which has just starting running a Bulgarain Bag Spin Test . I'd never heard of this before, but the video and challenge look awesome. Check it out - Bulgarian Bag Challenge

Brad30

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top