How Do I Contain Myself?

Go down

How Do I Contain Myself?

Post  Nick Hughes on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:36 am

All I can say is some people are lucky I'm not the same now that I was when I was twenty... Very Happy

I was at a mate's house last night when a guy started wheeling out conspiracy theories...apparently the govt here concocted and carried out the attacks on 9/11.

Trying to convince him of anything remotely factual was impossible. He has proof apparently that money was paid to the Pakistanis to give to the lead hijacker to carry out the attack (never mind the majority of them were Saudi and not even one was said to be Iraqi) so we could invade Iraq.

Let's not consider for a minute that we could have bought all the oil we wanted for far less than we've spent on the war...apparently you mustn't let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy.

He also claimed a missile flew into the Pentagon but when I asked just how did the govt get the thousands and thousands of people driving in Washington on their way to work to say it was a plane he claims the FBI and other nefarious agencies clammed them all up. (evidentally the can do this with tourists from other countries who must have been driving at the same time as well.)

I pointed out Popular Mechanics magazine debunked all the theories but no, popular mechanics is an arm of the government.

It gets much better...I googled some of the conspiracy sites last night and it seems even they can't agree...

One guy (and I kid you not) believes shape shifting aliens are running everything and that the former President Bush is one as are certain members of the Royal Family. They can make holograms that decieve us so we only thought we saw planes flying into the buildings. (guys name is David Icke if you don't believe this)

Another group says it's a Mossad ploy and they have film of Israeli agents laughing and cheering as they bought the buildings down.

Another group claims it was us while yet another says a New World Order did it

It's hilarious to see the arguments amongst them "go and get your own damn conspiracy web site...your arguments debunk some of ours and we have the real conspiracy."

Yep...some are saying flight 93 landed and the passengers murdered while another plane was dropped in its place (no reason given why this might have been done) while others claim 93 landed but the passengers are being held somewhere, while others have proof all the passengers were in on it.

My personal take on this is that there are people in the world who are so fucking weak they can't wrap their tiny minds around the idea that evil exists and that someone might just try and kill them one day for no apparent reason. It's easier therefore to assume the govt or some other entity is behind the scenes plotting everything.

The guy I argued with was a self confessed hippy who didn't subscribe to violence at all (quelle surprise)...which is why he's lucky I'm not 20. In those days I'd have smashed him in the face repeatedly until he either fought back or called the agents of the government to protect him...

Nick

PS: I want to know why there isn't a mirror for stupid? Ugly people can look in a mirror and they know they're ugly...stupid people don't have any way of knowing

PPS: By the way...not a single protester ever damaged anything at any of the rallies against the WTO...cops and government agents did it so they'd be justified in bashing the protesters. *sigh*
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How Do I Contain Myself?

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 am

David Icke is a laugh isn't he?

A one time fairly well known sports journalist he then declared himself the "son of God."

There was a documentary on him a year or so ago. He sold a few hundred tickets for people t go and see him talk shite... and used that as "evidence" that the majority of people in the world believe what he is saying.

It's extra funny how all the Conspiracy Theorists disagree with each other about the details though. They'll be telling us all that Kata is a good training method next. Because, as we all know, all those pro Kata folks disagree with each other also....

In all seriousness I know who was behind the WTC tragedy.

Elvis Presley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:29 am

Elvis makes about as much sense as some of the other shite I've seen...

Do you think Icke actually believes all his stuff though or he doing it for a laugh?

Nick
Nick Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Numbnuts on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 am

Oi !
Leave David Icke alone,or else ?

He was a top goalkeeper,when he played for Coventry City he was known as Dracula,cos he was frightened of crosses. Razz

I read a while ago that tickets for his " lectures/seminars " were on sale at 23 Shocked

Numbnuts

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:09 am

Nick Hughes wrote:
My personal take on this is that there are people in the world who are so fucking weak they can't wrap their tiny minds around the idea that evil exists and that someone might just try and kill them one day for no apparent reason. It's easier therefore to assume the govt or some other entity is behind the scenes plotting everything.

I think you are about right there, mate. The older I get the more depressed I get at the tendency so many people have - regardless of intelligence and education - to believe utter shite which serves their ego and/or fears.
About 99% just do not want to deal with reality.

What is also depressing is the amount of groups/individuals who, on a large scale, are very prepared to exploit this sad tendency to believe utter shite.

The 'martial arts' is a classic case - so many people would prefer an easily-seen-through version of Dumbo's magic feather than actually face the harsh realities of fighting and put in the hard effort needed to be proficient to protect oneself.

I've given up trying to argue with most people, they just really, really want to - and need to - believe in utter shite.

PS Sadly, I can believe the current UK government is made up of shape-shifting reptlies, they are certainly slimey enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  BN on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:04 pm

THIS. IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CameronQ on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Don't get yer hopes up... The world prefers mediocrity.
CameronQ

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-30

View user profile http://www.budokarate.com

Back to top Go down

Post  simontwosheds on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:15 am

Nick Hughes wrote:
My personal take on this is that there are people in the world who are so fucking weak they can't wrap their tiny minds around the idea that evil exists and that someone might just try and kill them one day for no apparent reason.

Like maybe Nick Hughes?

Nick Huges wrote:
The guy I argued with was a self confessed hippy who didn't subscribe to violence at all (quelle surprise)...which is why he's lucky I'm not 20. In those days I'd have smashed him in the face repeatedly until he either fought back or called the agents of the government to protect him...

Nick

And he was probably thinking "this man mountain would love to beat the shit out of me, quelle suprise."

Nick, sometimes you suggest the most ridiculous things, without any apparent justification.
Live-and-let-live, mate, and don't hate people just because they're stupid.

Simon.
simontwosheds

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Simon...

Sorry mate...I missed the first one completely. I'm the guy saying that evil people exist and they inflict their misery on people sometimes for no apparent reason. Did you miss that bit?

As for part two...sorry, I'm with Mick Coup...I can't abide stupid. Please understand lack of intelligence isn't anyone's fault but when people are blessed with the ability to reason and then latch on to conspiracy theories that don't stand up to even a modicum of scrutiny, they are, in my opinion, stupid.

You'll also have to point out the bit where I said I "hate them." I re-read my post and can't find that anywhere.

Nick
Nick Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  JDCW on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Sounds to me like he was bored, looking for a bite and the jokes on you.

JDCW

Number of posts : 465

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stevetrains on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:47 am

David Icke is a legend, when he first started spouting his bollocks he said the Isle of Arran of the west coast of Scotland was going to disappear under the water. I was on holiday there at the time, close shave that one.
stevetrains

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BN on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 am

Did it disappear underwater?
BN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stevetrains on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:11 am

It did yeah, but thankfully the ferry had just left from Brodick harbour and i stood on deck watching the fond place of my childhood sinking forever.....
stevetrains

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2009-05-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BN on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Well that was a bit of luck.

I mean you making the ferry on time.Not the island sinking into the sea. Did it sink or was it pulled beneath the waves by The Kraken (or some sort of Krakenlike creature)?

David Icke's always right though isn't he? He's bullet proof as well. Apparently.

Last edited by BN on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
BN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BN on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:15 pm

David Icke says: "Eat your vegetables and stay in school kids."
BN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:01 pm

I have a mate convinced that 9/11 was orcestrated by the US government. its quite embarrassing when he starting talking about it to people he's know about half an hour
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Wed May 05, 2010 8:14 am

While I can not accept that 9/11 was a government plot, I do think we haven't been told the truth, or the whole truth. First of all the amount of coordination needed to get it all happening and maintain the charade is beyond the capabilities of the US government. Speilberg and Hanks together could swing it, but not the US government (or any other for that matter).

There are doubts in my mind about some aspects and there has been 'evidence' presented that raises doubts and questions but the sheer scale of this is what defeats the conspiracy theorists outright. The number of people who would have to be of a similar mindset and willingness to perpetrate and perpetuate such a conspiracy is in the thousands and spread across all branches of government, the military, law enforcement, private enterprise and the media. Simply can't happen because by now, short of killing everyone off, somebody would have blown the whistle. Somebody with sufficient credibility or simple believability would have gotten the word out... it hasn't happened.

I do think the government have milked the thing and massaged it for their own benefit in several ways (such as 'justification' for invading Iraq when Iraq had nothing to do with it). I also think a lot of the misinformation and lack of truth is due to people covering their arses and protecting their rice bowls. Egos, political ambitions, career aspirations and all the usual human pettiness that is part of human nature is more likely to be the reason than the "Jews of the world telling Bush what to do".

As for explaining Icke's shape shifter theory, that's easy. Take the medication as directed and the nasty reptilian aliens go away, David.
Perry
Perry Gamsby

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2010-03-15

View user profile http://www.perrygamsby.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates on Wed May 05, 2010 8:44 am

If you google Rihanna plus satanist you will find tons of loonies convinced that Umbrella... brella... brella... is actually about devil worship.
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Socrates wrote:If you google Rihanna plus satanist you will find tons of loonies convinced that Umbrella... brella... brella... is actually about devil worship.
I just did that out of curiosity. I am going to lie down now. Contemplate how the human race actually manages to continue given the vast number of idiots out there. Maybe put the kettle on first though....
Perry
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates on Thu May 06, 2010 2:02 am

Perry Gamsby wrote:
Socrates wrote:If you google Rihanna plus satanist you will find tons of loonies convinced that Umbrella... brella... brella... is actually about devil worship.
I just did that out of curiosity. I am going to lie down now. Contemplate how the human race actually manages to continue given the vast number of idiots out there. Maybe put the kettle on first though....
Perry

A green tea for me, please.
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco on Sun May 16, 2010 5:31 am

Perry Gamsby wrote:
Perry

Careful! Don't you know caffine is a drug introduced by aliens to make us tetchy and drawn out and thus easier to invade
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JDCW on Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 am

Perry Gamsby wrote:
Perry

Without the idiots the whole thing would fall apart I'm afraid - they are the most important working part.

JDCW

Number of posts : 465

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry Gamsby on Mon May 17, 2010 3:07 am

JDCW wrote:
Perry Gamsby wrote:
Perry

Without the idiots the whole thing would fall apart I'm afraid - they are the most important working part.
You have a point there. Symbiosis at work. Without the prey there is no predator and all that interdependent stuff.

If there were no nasty people out there just itching to have their evil way with us why would we have an interest in self protection, martial arts and so on? We need the muggers, the yobs, the bogans, the rednecks, the chavs and the idiots too. Someone has to run interference for us I guess.
Perry
Perry Gamsby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum