? 2 board members :Knockouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

? 2 board members :Knockouts

Post  John Skillen on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:08 am

Have you seen one in the street? if so how did it affect you mentally? were you disturbed? How did you react? Question
take care
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

View user profile http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ? 2 board members :Knockouts

Post  Ade on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 am

Hi John,

i've seen/caused a few knockouts in the past.
it makes me feel sick,every time.
(i've been on the wrong end of one or two as well !Embarassed )

Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:47 am

Last one I saw in the street was about a year ago.

I was driving past a local pub and a family "do" seemed to have resulted in an argument which spilled out into the street. One guy cracked the other with a single punch to the sweet spot which caused an instant knockout and a nasty impact with the street.

I pulled over to go and see what was happening with the unconscious guy while the bloke who had hit him looked completely and utterly devestated.

Everyone was find and dandy by the time the ambulance and police arrived but I do remember being shocked by the speed and ferocity. Even though I had seen quite a few KO's beforehand and certainly seen a few since.
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andy.fearn on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:19 am

ive caused and seen a few knockouts . its mainly the aftermath for me that used to disturb whether the guy would come round,also whether i would be trouble with the law.

as for being knocked out only happened once in a bare knuckle fighting bout in my teens both ended up hospital overnight ,but have been friends ever since and laugh about it how stupid it was.
andy.fearn

Number of posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wadman on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:54 am

Haven't seen any, to be honest, most street fights I have seen have been poor, with both fighters exchanging blows for a good couple of minutes!!!!!
Have caused a few though, and I always get the shakes really bad afterwards, I also get a really intense feeling of quilt which can last for days!!!!!
Jamie Wadman

Number of posts : 1442

View user profile http://bartofboxing.runboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:09 pm

I've seen a few and to be honest, they don't bother me that much.

I can assure you that I don't like them but whenever I witness or am involved in something, things kind of go weird like I'm having an out of body experience and I'm watching a movie about myself. Does that make ANY sense?

Jeff
Jeff Menapace

Number of posts : 921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wadman on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Jeff Menapace wrote:I've seen a few and to be honest, they don't bother me that much.

I can assure you that I don't like them but whenever I witness or am involved in something, things kind of go weird like I'm having an out of body experience and I'm watching a movie about myself. Does that make ANY sense?

Jeff
No!!!!! santa
Jamie Wadman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace on Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:56 pm

LOL. I was afraid it wouldn't Laughing
Jeff Menapace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:06 am

Makes sense to me, and I've experienced sometimes. For me it is a very relaxing experience, and it feels like you just know you will not be beaten. To date the feelings were spot on.

But it doesn't happen every time, not at all. And I have no idea why sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Whatever it is I wish I could call on it at will. Or maybe sell it - cheers

Re knockouts? I don't mind seeing them. It's the sight of what people set about doing to the helpless victim that makes me angry and sick to my stomach.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace on Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:22 pm

For me it is a very relaxing experience, and it feels like you just know you will not be beaten.

Exactly Brian!
Jeff Menapace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wadman on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:33 pm

I was just joking by the way!!!!! Shocked
Jamie Wadman

Back to top Go down

Post  alban on Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:02 am

I've caused quite a few but none of them with a punch to be honest because i always went to the ground from my wrestling background or when standing up use anything that comes to hand.
But the first i saw was from a friend of mine who punches like popey,
i was in shock and couldn't sleep all night seeing the other guy's picture in my head as he laid unconcious in a star shape, i thought he was dead.
Alban
alban

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2006-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Menapace on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:14 pm

friend of mine who punches like popey

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh out loud Laughing
Jeff Menapace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kemlyn on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:48 am

If I'm honest,causing someone to go to sleep,when it really is necessary at the time makes me feel exhilarated and powerful-in control.
It can completely change a situation,when suddenly the main aggressor is sparked out,and very often it will calm everyone down like 'that'.
As long as it's justified,my only immediate worry is getting nicked!
On the other hand,I have 'lost it' in the past(when I was younger) and kicked people into a bit of a mess(and gone too far for the situation),and these times have sickened and saddened me.
Seeing someone bullying people,looking for a fight all night etc.,then themselves get sparked or just battered(and often running away!),is very amusing and can leave me in stitches(laughing-not literally!).
How about yourself,John?

Kemlyn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:02 am

Hi Kemlyn, yeh pretty much sums it up. before i went on the doors i did'nt think twice about stamping someones head into the floor it was a me or them situation. I was filled with anger and fears and that resulted in a rage that drove me to extreme violence.

when i changed my outlook on life through my experiences, i did'nt want to harm anyone. generally I had no bad intent no desire to harm. Truth was if i did'nt do it first it would have been done to me and i was'nt prepared to let that happen. It was my duty to protect myself not for my sake but for my family it was also my duty to protect the persons i had to fight knocking them out and finishing it quickly was the best for both me and them.

And like you say if you only fight when its absolutly 100% nessescary when its in your face and so close you can taste fear then you are within your rights to exact your defence.

After all the years and experiences i've been involved in i'm still the same person only now i have the knowledge to enable me to control myself and the fire within.

Fear maybe the friend of exceptional people but it is also the driver of anger and rage. That anger and rage needs to be channelled into something worthwhile in our lives it needs constant nurturing. change takes time.

There is something beatiful about having control of the self it makes you feel real good when you say NO to something as destructive as stamping on someones head after they have been render unconsciouse or robbing, stealing, lying, cheating, or any one of the bad deeds men are capable of.

Only fight when you have to, but be first or you may never wake up!!
and when you achieve the knockout show some compassion.

take care
John

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138

View user profile http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Disenchanted Westerner on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:08 am

Brian S wrote:For me it is a very relaxing experience,

affraid lol! Very Happy

Disenchanted Westerner

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jan on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:43 am

Have you seen one in the street?

Only a handful. Most of the brutal violence ended with someone bloody, semi-concious and incoherrant.

if so how did it affect you mentally? were you disturbed? How did you react? Question

To be honest I was just glad it wasn't me at the time.

Afterwards though, that depends on why it happened. Some deserved it while others didn't.

Jan

Number of posts : 422

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top