The Other side of the spectrum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Other side of the spectrum

Post  Michael Siv on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:38 am

Just a quick message.

Today i had a private session with Steve Morris.

I am sure i do not have to tell anyone how good Steve is.

I am from the other side, a guy whose martial skills are very very basic, and as steve showed me not effective at all.

I am sure i am one of the worse people Steve has seen talent wise but even so i think i made a slight improvement after 3 hours.

Steve gave me a huge amount to work on.

I have been working off Steves DVD`S and now have a basic reference of what the effect should be.

So i can go back to the beginning and start training from there.

If there are any people out there working from Steves dvds then you have to see him in person to get an idea of what is going on.

All i can add is go train with the guy !

Michael

Michael Siv

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Other side of the spectrum

Post  Les Turpin on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:59 am

am from the other side, a guy whose martial skills are very very basic, and as steve showed me not effective at all.

I am sure i am one of the worse people Steve has seen talent wise but even so i think i made a slight improvement after 3 hours.

your already a lot further along the path than you think mate, your openminded and honest with yourself and prepared to learn and continue to learn.... well done mate
Les Turpin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2006-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Siv on Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Cheers for the kind words Les

Really appreciated, just need to put the training in and hope to improve.

Michael Siv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steve morris on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Michael, you are most certainly not one of the worst I've taught. In fact, you were better than some of the professionals out there. You've got something there, and with a little motivation, hard work, and self-belief--and most importantly, the right direction--you'll get there. If you carry on with what we worked on yesterday, you'll be a completely different guy in a very short time. All round.

The most important thing you went away with yesterday was that you started to see that the principles I teach keep reapplying themselves in different ways. That's why I told you when you did a punch to work it out now for yourself, and you did. And you learned how to engage the head and the eye, and you started to see how it was the initiator of the movement.

You now, on that three hour session, you know more (if you can remember it) than many guys who've been training for 30 years. Believe me when I say that, it's no dig at them, it's just something to give you the confidence to go forward.

And the DVDs do show, as you'll see now, the so-called 'hidden moves' within the moves. I fully explain exactly how you get there. It's just sometimes hard for people to make the physical connection, and that's why I need to see you. And that goes for everybody.

People train by principles, but there are two problems. One, sometimes the principles themselves are complete bollocks, or two, the principle has merit but the way it's being expressed is nonsense. Like I showed you yesterday, I can teach you the principle of conservation of momentum and how you can transfer the momentum of the body into the limb. Now someobody else might understand that very same concept, but they can't do it. And the body's designed, actually, through evolution, to do it--because it's governed by the principles of force and motion--so it's down to making the connection between the principle in your head and the body that evolution has given you, and then of course the tactic that you have to apply.

You'll get there, Michael.

And to you lazy bastards out there making excuses, Michael hitchhiked from Canterbury to Coventry and he sold his computer to pay for the lesson. That's motivation, and that's what you need to have. Michael, you've got that essential quality: you want something, and because you want it you're going to get it.

I enjoyed teaching you.
steve morris

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-08-01

View user profile http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Siv on Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:02 am

I would say to anyone training/owning the dvds go and see Steve. Without this you i would have never got there.

I learned a huge amount in three hours, from what i was doing to what Steve is doing is a huge difference, and whilst you can see what he is doing on the dvds you really need to see him so he can give you the ideas in person.

I have just spent an hour in the garden working on the round kick in the garden in the bloody rain, and am now using the head and freeing that hip. And just letting the limb go, no geeky deep thought just let the principles and the body go.

Whilst i am a novice i am drilling what Steve showed me and just letting go. Stop all the thinking and just do the principles.

The dvds are good for remembering what he showed and you will remember what is shown as its natural.

Steve is there every Sunday and can organize privates Saturdays so contact him, and go and see where you are if you watching/using his DVDS.

It is well worth it.

I left at 5 am and got back home at 1 am ! So you guys with a job/car no excuses !

I will be going back to reinforce the principles as soon as possible and see where i am with them.

Michael Siv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top