Thanks for the update, patience is a virtue after all Very Happy
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Total Body Defence(Goshinkwai) DVD

Post  wizzydoofer on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:05 am

A note to all those artists with such patience out there who ordered the DVD in advance, the DVD should be with you next week, the previous company a cause of many delays has been to use a pun chopped. We now await the product from Sony's branch in Austria. I would like to say a big thank you to you guys out there who have waited so long, and we sincerely hope you like the product and hope that it adds to your library of work and personal knowledge.

Thanks again.

WD

wizzydoofer

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 am

Any news yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  Alun Williams on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:32 am

Hi Brian

DVD's were posted out to everyone today

Sincere thanks for your patience with this

Hope you enjoy it

Alun
Alun Williams

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-04-05

View user profile http://www.totalbodydefence.com

Back to top Go down

Total Body defence DVD

Post  wizzydoofer on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Brian, yep they are in the post to you, so you should have them by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest, they were sent first class. Things needed to be checked this end. The interface on the menus has a lot of bells and whistles, just needed to make sure everything was ok. To get quickly past the playfirst intro (if you want to) just hit menu, and you will go to a master menu, then you can see all sub menus from one to eight. The play all button does not include the slideshow which is manually operated. Also you might like to check out stuff on the mat yourself, you can load the DVD into your PC and copy or print the techniques files out, they have illustistrations and notes. Also a Doc on the Goshinkwai and it's history. Look forward to your feedback WD

wizzydoofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:31 pm

HURRAY! bounce

I have been looking forward to it... I needed something fresh to motivate me again.
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

View user profile http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:14 am

Great stuff, thanks lads.

Looking forward to it.
Chris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am

Arrived this morning as promised.

There is a LOT of material on there (always a good start from my perspective) and from first glance your DVD has the BEST production I have ever seen on a MA DVD. In fact it's one of the best produced instructional DVD's I have ever seen in any field.

I'll need to spend a lot more time with the content before writing any thoughts on the material but without doubt you have an amazingly good looking product there utilising the very latest in technology. Nice job.
Chris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alun Williams on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Chris

Firstly, Thanks for the kind words

Much time, energy and money has gone into this and its very pleasing to get this reaction.

I personally took months putting techniques and principles together on these DVD's that would suit beginner to advanced practitioners, whilst trying to capure the "focused essence" of the Goshinkwai Yawara system.

It's difficult to cover all areas, but as you say, theres a lot of material there, and this is just the 1st of three!

Thanks again and Keep those comments coming!

I look forward to a thorough review

Alun
Alun Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:46 am

Chris wrote:from first glance your DVD has the BEST production I have ever seen on a MA DVD

I've only had a quick skim through it as well, but agree the production quality is superb. Not at all what you would expect for £24.99!

Dragon

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzydoofer on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 am

Well I have won a few awards in my time for production, but nothing has been as good to read as that, you work away at a thing for such a time it gets hard to see it in perspective, then somebody comes along and gives you back your perspective on your work, and all you can say is thanks.

Thanks Guys

WD

wizzydoofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzydoofer on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:31 am

Would you mind if I posted those reviews on the front of the TDB website?

WD

wizzydoofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:45 am

I can't see a problem.

Post a link to us here if you like - that way we'll help send people to you, and vice versa.

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzydoofer on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:41 am

Ok Cheers Brian.

wizzydoofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chris g on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:10 pm

Just like to say how impressed I was with the DVD. Not only the Self Defence Techniques demonstrated, but also the superb layout and interaction. Having trained in two Martial Arts myself I was interested to see what Goshinkwai (Total Body Defence) had to offer. I was not disappointed!! The techniques employed to take out any would be attacker were clinical, straight to the point, no messing around! I can see why it’s looked upon highly by Special Forces. Can’t wait for the next DVD!
chris g

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Review of DVD

Post  David Gregory on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi Alun
Just had a look at the DVD and my additional thoughts are that this is a very professional and well constructed instructional DVD. I agree with chris’s thoughts on the DVD production being one of the best that I have seen and ive seen a few. Things about the DVD that really impressed me was the 360 degree views of the techniques which really made easy viewing of the footwork especially the overhead view. I could also see in the DVD the techniques and footwork that John Warfield had introduced to us many years ago.
Good luck with all that you are doing from Dave Gregory and Official Goshinkwai Yawara

www.official-goshinkwai-yawara.org
David Gregory

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-04-15

View user profile http://www.official-goshinkwai-yawara.org

Back to top Go down

Review of DVD

Post  Aaron-Stevens on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Just watched the DVD and i have the same thoughts as me uncle Dave ive been doing the style for about a year now and it has really helped me with the footwork especially.

gr8 DVD Smile
Aaron-Stevens

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-10

View user profile http://www.official-goshinkwai-yawara.org

Back to top Go down

My review of the DVD

Post  GrapplingPeter on Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi Alun and all the staff at TBD!

First of all, a big thank you for the DVD. I´ve waited for an eternety it seems (was it 5 years ago, tyour website started???) Anyway, I just wanted to say that it was worth the wait.

I loved this DVD. First of all, the production was great. It has a clear sound and picture. Second it has a great menue of each of the techniques, where you can chose that you want to see.

At first, I didn´t like all the repetions and changes of angles, but then I saw some more of the DVD and realised that I made a change of heart. I liked it. Many people may want to have more techniques and therefor less repetition, but then they probobly will miss a lot. I have some DVDs/tapes at home that are like that. They show the techniques 3 times, with explanation, and then on with it. This DVD doesnt. It really makes you get it.

I want to say that this is one of the BEST DVDs or tapes out there. I have about 30-50 DVDs and approx 150 instructional videotapes from different Martial arts styes and production companies and this one is in the top ten if not top five. It is better than the Steve Benitez Silat-tapes, if you got them (production-vice).

So I´m really looking forward to the next DVD and no, I have never trained Goshinkwai or met Alun or any of the Goshinkwai-people ot there (but I woould love to, so If you´re in my neck of the wood...)

Cheers

Peter

GrapplingPeter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Greetings:

Well it just arrived today (slow boat Very Happy ) and like has been already stated... best production quality I have seen cheers

I only had time to view a small protion of it, but it looks like I will pick up a thing or two and would recommend your DVD to others. Cheers!
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

View user profile http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzydoofer on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Gee, Guys thanks, I feel I should get a round in Very Happy makes it all worth while. I'll post your comments up on the totalbodydefence site. We are expecting some more good news with the disc and will keep you posted.

Cheers

WD

wizzydoofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alun Williams on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:18 am

Just like to add my thanks for the reviews guys - much appreciated

Peter, next time your in the UK feel free to give me a call to meet up and arrange some training
Alun Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  GrapplingPeter on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks Alun!

Will do. That would be great.

Take care

Peter

GrapplingPeter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Turton on Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:33 am

my copy arrived today .. thanks guys.. I have just skipped through it over a cuppa, so havent seen it in detail.. however the production is without doubt the best I have seen.. very very good

I only watched a couple of techniques.. so cant comment yet

however naturally having been a goshinkwai man from 1970 to 1990 I am in a position to recognise them and so maybe see them from a slightly different prespective than many other.

but to be sure, the ones I looked at were spot on

Dave Turton

Number of posts : 1381

View user profile http://www.selfdefencefederation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzydoofer on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:28 am

Sure enough, Dave, thanks for the kind words it means a lot to us, having provided a great many instructional DVD's and seen a great many we take that as high praise. l hope you like the rest of it, and I look forward to your take on it. Just to let everybody know out there, that we are in the process of having contracts drawn up with Summerdale. We are looking forward to Goshinkwai going out into the international market, and all it's practitioners getting recognition, keeping the faith and knowledge alive and passing it on.

I don't mind telling you that you guys throwing your eye over the DVD and posting your responses is a pressure test in itself, so it really means a lot to read your comments.

Thanks

WD

wizzydoofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next