What can I expect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What can I expect?

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 am

Hi Lee,

I am planning to train at your group sessions on a Wednesday evening. Just wondered if you or one of the other guys can let me know what to expect? Shocked

I am not as fit as I once was, but do have some martial arts experience. Am just trying to make sure I am mentally geared for when I arrive.

Thanks...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  pmatt on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Hey mate welcome to the forum.

I spoke to someone here (Alban) who said the clubs not running at the moment due to lack of interest or something, but I want to come, and so do you, maybe sometime soon it will get started?

Im sure lee will tell us

pmatt

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 am

pmatt wrote:Hey mate welcome to the forum.

I spoke to someone here (Alban) who said the clubs not running at the moment due to lack of interest or something, but I want to come, and so do you, maybe sometime soon it will get started?

Im sure lee will tell us

Hi Fella,

Thanks for the welcome and the heads-up. My brother-in-law and I were planning to start this week, so a bit gutted really! Sad

Ah well, I'll keep monitoring the forum and take it from there.

Any other RBSD classes in Southampton?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  pmatt on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:18 pm

I don't know man, Im relatively new to this whole thing too.

As I say Lee still does his end of months seminars and private lessons which are both very good, I've been to one Private and one seminar.

Lee will probably come on sometime soonish, and hell tell us how it is, how many people we need to start etc I hope.

That's 2 people though mate, good stuff. My brother cant make it at the moment, but maybe sometime he will be able to start the weekly one too, so if we get enough people it may start.

If I were you mate I'd arrange a private lesson with Lee. you can email him from www.urbancombatives.com That'll give you a good taste of what it's like! I found it the lesson quite amazing.

Theyre about £25 for 1 hour.

anyway I dont know how anything stands at the moment,

obviously Lee is the person to ask, and the guy here under the username of Alban is seriously in the know I think too.

pmatt

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:06 am

Thanks for the advice.

pmatt wrote:That's 2 people though mate, good stuff.

3! You, my bro-in-law and me... Smile and then maybe your brother soon after.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  alban on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:49 am

Hi pmatt
what i told you was what i've heard mate, when Lee stopped it.
Obviously Lee is the one to ask cos he knows how the things are going down at the moment.
take care
Alban
avatar
alban

Number of posts : 186
Localisation : london
Registration date : 2006-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  pmatt on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:52 am

Cheers alban.

Yeh I ment thats 2 people youve roudned up, Alban. so 3 including me, and maybe my bro

pmatt

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  PaulRichard on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:45 pm

pmatt wrote:Hey mate welcome to the forum.

I spoke to someone here (Alban) who said the clubs not running at the moment due to lack of interest or something, but I want to come, and so do you, maybe sometime soon it will get started?

Im sure lee will tell us

I'm planning to come back, once things are sorted.

Shame about the lack of interest.

As far as i know there aren't any other RBSD clubs in Southampton but there are some excellent Boxing gyms.

PaulRichard

Number of posts : 839
Age : 36
Localisation : Southampton
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Lee Morrison on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:50 am

Hi there
heres the deal the group class that you are referring to ran for the last five years and in that time we have had in excess of 250 people come and go. Out of all of those there are probably 30 guys who were serious enough to keep coming on a periodic basis and probably no more than 10 who have trained seriously enough to make class each week in addition to private tuition.

There are plenty who like to talk about hard training, but only a small percentage who actually maintain it on a regular basis. So to be perfectly honest as numbers started to wane, I decided my limited time would be better spent else where. After so long of taking the time each week to organise lesson plans, pay for a venue only to have limited numbers each week, takes it toll on your patience after a while.

I wouldnt say its due to lack of interest, more to a lack of seriousness to commit to hard training on a consistant basis, of course we all have work and family stuff to consider, but class was only once a week and you don't get good at anything without consistant effort. I teach privately on a daily basis and I run the monthly workshop at a local venue, in addition to working the European seminar circuit. I am considering starting the class up again, but have no plans to do so over the next few months.

Anyone who would like to train privately or even as a small group I can offer you the following £25 an hour one to one or £40 shared cost between 3-6 people in a small group, again for an hour. Anyone interested can contact me on 07867923290

Peace...

Lee Morrison

Number of posts : 74
Age : 49
Registration date : 2006-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  pmatt on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:31 am

Lee Morrison wrote:Hi there
heres the deal the group class that you are referring to ran for the last five years and in that time we have had in excess of 250 people come and go. Out of all of those there are probably 30 guys who were serious enough to keep coming on a periodic basis and probably no more than 10 who have trained seriously enough to make class each week in addition to private tuition.

There are plenty who like to talk about hard training, but only a small percentage who actually maintain it on a regular basis. So to be perfectly honest as numbers started to wane, I decided my limited time would be better spent else where. After so long of taking the time each week to organise lesson plans, pay for a venue only to have limited numbers each week, takes it toll on your patience after a while.

I wouldnt say its due to lack of interest, more to a lack of seriousness to commit to hard training on a consistant basis, of course we all have work and family stuff to consider, but class was only once a week and you don't get good at anything without consistant effort. I teach privately on a daily basis and I run the monthly workshop at a local venue, in addition to working the European seminar circuit. I am considering starting the class up again, but have no plans to do so over the next few months.

Anyone who would like to train privately or even as a small group I can offer you the following £25 an hour one to one or £40 shared cost between 3-6 people in a small group, again for an hour. Anyone interested can contact me on 07867923290

Peace...

Thats understandable. Pity though:( cheers Lee!

pmatt

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 am

Lee Morrison wrote:Hi there
heres the deal...

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the update, much appreciated. I'll make contact shortly with regards to personal tuition, and continue to monitor the website for updates.

In Peace, LF

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Socrates on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:22 am

Hey, there´s nothing to stop you guys finding a church hall and setting up your own little group. You can go and get regular privates with LM and then practice like crazy. It´s a time-honoured way of getting good...
avatar
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Localisation : Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Alan Bec on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:24 am

Guys I just have to tell you that £25.00 for private lessons from Lee is an incredible bargain.



Alan

Alan Bec
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  RobJ on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:10 pm

Alan Beckett wrote:Guys I just have to tell you that £25.00 for private lessons from Lee is an incredible bargain.



Alan

i'll second that. He is a superb teacher and a damn nice chap !

Rob J.

RobJ

Number of posts : 81
Localisation : Southampton
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  PaulRichard on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Socrates wrote:Hey, there´s nothing to stop you guys finding a church hall and setting up your own little group. You can go and get regular privates with LM and then practice like crazy. It´s a time-honoured way of getting good...

I might be up for that, depending on cost and location. Need to bolster my fitness levels first, they are very poor.

PaulRichard

Number of posts : 839
Age : 36
Localisation : Southampton
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What can I expect?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum