Fat Sams AAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fat Sams AAR

Post  Alan Bec on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:13 pm

I just want to thank all the guys that made along to Fat Sams today, we had a great time, here is the first photo to wet your appetite.

Our very own Robin G goes on the attack with a bottle of Fat Sams finest.

More to follow guys.
Alan

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Re: Fat Sams AAR

Post  Alan Bec on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:21 am

The Fat Sam's wooden trainer, well props do make a difference.

Alan

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Bec on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:58 am

FAT SAM's went off well like a good fire work, we started off with a light warm up and moved on to practise a few drills on the dance floor that we would later incorporate into the scenarios.

Here Stuart finishes off Paul during the 6,4,2 drill.

Robin does likewise on Ross.

And Shengus moves into some crowd drill action.

Various scenarios followed including being attacked the bar and the cash machine bfore we moved onto the seated areas.

Here Ross thinks that he has found a nice quiet spot until a couple of likely lads decided to flick his switch and he goes to condition red.

Stuart, in a similar situation knows that somethings coming, he's just wondering if he can get in first.

Bill decides to arm himself just in case.

That was enough for the nice open areas where you had room to manouvre, we moved from there to the sunken seats which always seems to be the place that puts the adrenaline into over drive, nothing worse than being attacked when your head is only level with the attackers knee.

The next set of scenarios really tested the stamina as you were attacked both on your way up stairs and then on your way down from behind, having survived the staircase and regained our composure we went on to find out just how bad it is to get attacked while trying to use the toilet, many of the guys got banged heads as they hit the wall at the urinals unfortunately one chap tried to save his head by putting his nose in the way (ouch).

At the end of the day we all went home in one piece, the odd cut, bruise, black eye and bust lip but that's just another night @ FAT SAM's

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  edges on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:04 am

Where, when and how?

I wanna play sunny
edges

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2006-09-22

View user profile http://www.wildgeesema.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shengus on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:37 pm

It was excellent training and good fun as well. In spite of all the lessons I took away from it, I can't help feeling that one of the cleaners who were working in the club (as quoted by Denis) summed it all up nicely: "Yer just a big bunch of wains". Rolling Eyes

I was apparently also heard to remark, when I was tangled up in Alan with Brian pounding on my head half way up the stairs, something like "Please gentlemen, I'm just trying to get to the top." Just goes to show how a bit of training can help you control yourself under adrenal condition, there's no need for bad manners. Very Happy

Without exception everyone who turned up worked like hell and the atmosphere was really relaxed and supportive. Great bunch of guys lead in training by a great instructor.

Thanks to all of you.

Here's to next time
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Shengus

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wullie on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:26 pm

Another Brilliant session by the guys at Dunbar. Big thanks to alan, brian and everyone involved.

Took alot from this one like i did at the hard skills one in Dunbar.

A note to anyone going to Fat Sams, Dont sit at the sunken seats and definately dont mess with anyone thats walking down the toilet stairs, 2 places you definately dont want to be.

Brians lines were brilliant at the seated bit, ''this is a nightclub, not the British F****** Legion.'' Laughing
Wullie

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2006-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:51 am

That looks so good!, gutted i missed this one guys but i need my pennys for america, love the bottles! Laughing

Any plans for a Fat Sams 3??

Shengus i didn't recognise you with the short hair!

BUSTEr
Buster

Number of posts : 798

View user profile http://www.crossfitclinic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:20 am

Great pics, looks like a brilliant training session. Very Happy
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slackbladder on Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:25 pm

Great pics, good crowd, superb instructor. I'm glad to hear your day went so well, Alan.
Slackbladder
Admin

Number of posts : 363

View user profile http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Mc on Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:01 am

I just noticed in the pics ,thats Den getting bottled and is that him playing the pad mAn.

Dave McC
Dave Mc

Number of posts : 132

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Bec on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:19 pm

Den was a star performer on the day, not taking anything away from the other lads but there is a clear difference when you watch someone who was at the first nightclub session and had that experience to call on.

Alan

Alan Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Shengus on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:07 pm

There was somebody taking video on the day. Has anyone seen a copy?

Is there someone I can send a blank dvd and teabag (buy them a drink) to obtain one?

You're right about experience Alan, even just of one previous session. I don't know if I necessarily performed and better but I certainly felt a lot less scared and a lot more in control of myself. It makes a big difference.

Denis is always a good person to train with.
Shengus

Number of posts : 93

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top