Distractions and artifice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Distractions and artifice

Post  Rusty Shackleford on Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:51 pm

Hi John,
What sort of distractions do you like to use when your lined-up and ready to pre-empt. Do you prefer a verbal or a gestured distraction. Do you ever use any sort of chambering ruse in order to get absolutely everything out of your looping right hand.

Thanks John
Rusty Shackleford

Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2006-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Distractions and artifice

Post  John Skillen on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 am

It really depends on the situation as to what type of deception I use. I have in the past used many. One of my usual antics was to feign softness many times i've been in the situation of facing down very agressive people they played directly into my hands by being drawn into my technique as I feign compliance and softness whilst under a cool exterior I was a split second from destroying my agressor, this works particularly well but you must act at the approppriate time.
There are many situations where a fight can happen most just see the one on one thing outside the chippie, pub or club. This shows a lack of real experience. As fights in real life situations can kick off anywhere where people are gathered and alchohol is not always present. Road rage, shopping trolly rage!!, crossing the road rage, nicking me hotdog rage, Gang of youths congregating outside of your house rage !!!, the list of rages (things people will fight over are sometimes too rediculas to imagine) Thats where true self protection comes in to teach us how to defeat the common enemy to deal with real every day happenings. I remember a few occasions when i've been standing at the hotdog van waiting for my food and a lad would push in front of the que looking to cause a fight. One such man threatened me as I got my dog. I switched the dog to my left hand, took a bite, wiped my mouth with the back of my right hand and let go a peach of a punch knocking my agressor unconscious. The man never saw it coming.
I also use solid low kicks before I punch or slap as a walk in to an antagonist who can not be avoided ( no verbals just walk in and hit!!).
sometimes there is no talking to be done. Wink
Take care
John
I teach deceptive punching and kicking in my street effective seminars as part of my pentagon system.
What deceptive methods have you used yourself? anyone else can get in on this one.

John Skillen

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2006-08-16

View user profile http://www.johnskillenmaf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  edbaker on Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:07 am

Well if I get in a situation again, I will try and use "Hang on a minute, I've shagged your girlfriend" BANG!!!!

Because a doorman I know said it, knocked the bloke out immediately afterwards, and as he hit the floor he said,

"and she was shit"

Then dragged his limp body into the cloakroom and shut the door.

It was priceless.
edbaker

Number of posts : 364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen on Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:57 am

OUCH!! I FELT THAT ONE!
John

John Skillen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Shackleford on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:25 am

If I didn't use a fingerjab or some other eye strike as a lead-in sometimes I'd put my hand in front of his face, obscuring what was coming. I'd say something like "hey, hold on there", and let it go.
Once I glanced over a guy's shoulder, as if someone was sneaking up behind him. There have been some others, mostly subtle hand gestures in the course of the face-off.

I liked the bit where you wiped your mouth off, great way to chamber a right hand, great disguising.
Rusty Shackleford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:49 am

Stand in a short forty five degree stance your weight evenly on both feet, cup your elbow in your left hand across the front of your body put your right thumb under your chin and your finger on your top lip now gesture with your hand which is on the face( "ok we'll leave it") switch your weight to your front foot then quickly switch it to the back , then transfer the weight to the front foot again (rocking motion) turning your hip to your right as you drive your right hip then fist / palm heel/ face smash/ elbow etc/ into the the man in front of you step through and continue striking until your safe.
take care
John

John Skillen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Shackleford on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:30 am

That's what you call a bloodthirsty Jack Benny. I like the rocking motion to get it going.

I remember seeing a Judas merchant playing the drunk once. Staggered gait, slurred speech, the whole bit. Suddenly he exploded on the other chap like a Jihaddist on his way to Jannah. That really opened my eyes as to how devious it can get.
Rusty Shackleford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  melvinfferd on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:33 pm

john,
will you be covering this topic in any seminars this summer?

i really enjoyed the discussion we had a couple of summers ago on your approach to the fence and pre-fight tactics. a wealth of knowledge there.

melvinfferd

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2006-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Skillen on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:15 am

yes i will simon check out my new website www.johnskillen.com it should be launched this week.
take care bounce
John

John Skillen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top