SAS Fighting Secrets - a DVD by Bob Spour

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"JAP SLAPPING"

Post  BXC8 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:33 pm

To PaulRichard. I know you ask this question to Richard but I may have an answer for you.In his book "Immediate Action",Andy Mcnab mentions doing a course in unarmed combat called "Jap Slapping".Just like Bob Spour calls it in his and Richards Dvd.Pages 199 to 204 goes over it.
BXC8

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SAS Fighting Secrets - a DVD by Bob Spour

Post  Richard Grannon on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:17 pm

cheers for replys
Bob mentioned the jap slapping and some other weird methods of instilling aggression and fighting mentality in people, (there was some talk of twatting each other with big planks of wood... the paras do something similar as an unofficial initiation i was told during my very brief trip to aldershot about 6 years ago)

the DVD is NOT an official style and i doubt the SAS will be adopting a style like the american marines or rangers do... i never joined the army on account of my condition... "fat laziness" its called... but all the regiments i looked at joining were big intt boxing and "interested" in martial arts and you would get classes and clubs of various types training together... but thats true of anywhere you get large groups of fellas living together

the DVD relies on the principles used in Speical Forces type training, things like simplicity and repetition and aggression etc
and techniques developed by Bob and his mates whilst on active duty... the RTD for example Razz

hope this helps
Richard Grannon

Number of posts : 1224
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulRichard on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:15 pm

richard grannon wrote:cheers for replys
Bob mentioned the jap slapping and some other weird methods of instilling aggression and fighting mentality in people, (there was some talk of twatting each other with big planks of wood... the paras do something similar as an unofficial initiation i was told during my very brief trip to aldershot about 6 years ago)

the DVD is NOT an official style and i doubt the SAS will be adopting a style like the american marines or rangers do... i never joined the army on account of my condition... "fat laziness" its called... but all the regiments i looked at joining were big intt boxing and "interested" in martial arts and you would get classes and clubs of various types training together... but thats true of anywhere you get large groups of fellas living together

the DVD relies on the principles used in Speical Forces type training, things like simplicity and repetition and aggression etc
and techniques developed by Bob and his mates whilst on active duty... the RTD for example Razz

hope this helps

Cheers Richard

That's answered a few questions.

PaulRichard

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2006-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down